At The Sparrow Bakery we have been blessed with a great deal of local support and success. To show our gratitude for the great city and state in which we live, we are offering a $500 scholarship to one Oregon high-school graduate that decides to pursue a culinary degree at any of the countries culinary arts schools.
Applicants will need to carefully read the requirements below. Then download, fill out, and submit the application form on or before July 1, 2016. We will choose and announce a winner by August 1, 2016.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
- Recipient is accepted, and will be attending their first year of culinary school in the fall of 2016.
Applicants must submit the following by July 1st, 2016:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form(doc)(pdf)
- One to three (1-3) page typed essay.
- An official and complete copy of high school transcripts.
- An acceptance letter from an accredited culinary school within the United States.
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- The Sparrow Bakery scholarship is to be used exclusively for culinary school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $500 will be made payable to the award recipient’s culinary school to cover these expenses.
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- The Sparrow Bakery Scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or about August 1, 2016.
Completed applications must be received no later than July 1, 2016. Application materials should be mailed to:
The Sparrow Bakery Northwest
2748 NW Crossing Dr #110
Bend, OR 97701